Own a piece of the Caravan
Join Beardy’s Caravan to go into the draw to win a random piece of the 2018 Tour de France. From road signage to free merch from le Tour’s publicity caravan, Beardy is foraging around France for anything weird, wonderful or downright awful. Then, once he has finished compiling his le Tour Caravan, he will sending out the haul to lucky subscribers all over the globe.
What can I win?
It’s a mystery! Who knows what Beardy will find, or who will receive what. You can see some indications from the images on this page, but there is only one thing for sure: the postage will likely be worth more than the prize. All of the items will have been found, foraged, donated or ‘otherwise’ acquired - nothing was purchased - and, thus, has no real monetary value beyond being a part of the 2018 Tour de France and Beardy’s Caravan.
All prizes will be accompanied by a note from Beardy and maybe, if you’re lucky, a sought-after Beardy sticker. This will be your only form of authentication.
Fill in the form below to subscribe to Beardy’s Caravan, and enter the draw. If you are already a subscriber to the Caravan, you can still enter to win. Have more questions? Check out the FAQs here.
Entries for this competition have now closed.
Frequently asked questions
What is Beardy’s Caravan?
From Australia to Belgium to France, Beardy and his Caravan has a very simple goal; he wants you to love this sport as much as he does. You can learn more here
Do I have to subscribe to Beardy’s Caravan as part of entering the competition?
Yes, as part of your entry to the competition, you will be subscribed to the Beardy’s Caravan newsletter. This newsletter is sent out sporadically after each major cycling race (or stage of multi-stage races) and is a tremendous amount of fun for all fans of the sport. Of course, you can unsubscribe from Beardy’s Caravan at any time.
Am I able to unsubscribe from Beardy’s Caravan at a later date?
Yes, you can unsubscribe from Beardy’s Caravan at any time.
Yes, it is here. Also, terms & conditions for the competition are here
Terms & conditions of entry:
- The Promoter is Marcus Enno Photography (ABN 44 614 314 461), Unit 11, 18 Edward Street Bondi NSW 2026
- The Beardy’s Bric-à-brac Competition (the Promotion) commences at 00:00 AEST on 24/07/2018 and entries close at 23:59 AEST on 01/08/2018 (the Promotional Period).
- By entering the Promotion, entrants accept the above-stated Terms & Conditions of Entry.
- Entry to the Promotion is open to anyone over 18 years of age.
- Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and any company associated with the Promotion are ineligible to enter.
- To enter, each eligible entrant must, during the Promotional Period, complete a valid entry on Beardy’s Caravan. Completing a valid entry includes subscribing to Beardy’s Caravan (to receive the Beardy’s Caravan newsletter). The entry must be received by the Promoter by 23:59 AEST on the specified entry closing date.
- There is no cost to enter the Promotion.
- You may complete multiple entries, however, each eligible entrant will only receive ONE entry into the Promotion (regardless of how many entries he/she completes).
- The random prize draw will take place at 10:00 AEST on 01/08/2018 (“the Draw Date”). Winners WILL NOT necessarily be notified directly - instead, all prizes will be posted to the Winners as a surprise. In addition, Winners may be notified on social media, either directly (via tagging) or indirectly.
- Winners’ details will be published on https://www.facebook.com/beardyscaravan/ and https://beardyscaravan.com/ on 01/08/2018 (and remain published for at least 30 days).
- There are multiple, random prizes to be won. Winners will be allocated Prizes on a random basis, which will then be posted to them. All Prizes are found, donated or ‘not for resale’ - and may be used and/or second-hand (and in associated condition). Therefore, the total Prize pool value is $0 RRP.
- The competition is a game of random chance. The prize draw will be a random selection from all valid entries received during the Promotional Period.
- Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting or keeping any Prize.
- If, for any reason, Winner(s) do not take a Prize or an element of a Prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize or that element of the Prize will be forfeited.
- Winners agree to the use of their name and entry for publicity and promotion purposes, without compensation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with Prizes except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- As a condition of accepting Prizes, Winners must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash, credit or product and no exchanges are offered. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of any Prizes (or part thereof).
- The Promoter, their associated agencies, and companies associated with this Promotion (including prize suppliers) take no responsibility for Prizes lost or damaged in transit and the Promoter will not be responsible for any delay in delivery, damage to or loss in transit of Prizes.
- Each entrant's personal information ("PI") is collected to enable the Promoter to administer and promote the Promotion. The PI of Winners may be provided to third parties who are assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers, deliverers, and authorities that regulate competitions. Entrants who fail to provide all requested PI may be determined by the Promoter, at its sole discretion, to be ineligible to win the Prizes. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Entrants may direct any request to access their personal information to the Promoter.
- By entering, each entrant agrees that the Promoter may use any PI disclosed, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the entrant electronic messages.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, corruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer networks and systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination of them, including any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Competition.
- The laws of New South Wales, Australia govern the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions at a later date.
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of Prizes from the Draw Date. The Promoter and Prize suppliers will take no responsibility for damage to or loss in transit of prizes.